Transferring to Deakin University
Transfer Guidelines: Deakin College to Deakin University
Students who successfully complete their Diploma course at Deakin College, that is, having completed and passed eight units, will be eligible to apply for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) in second year of the relevant Deakin University undergraduate degree.
The following transfer criteria apply:
- completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma units;
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) in respect to the Diploma – taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College.
Weighted Average Mark (WAM) Required:
B – Melbourne Burwood Campus
WP – Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
WF – Geelong Waterfront Campus
WB – Warrnambool Campus
C – Cloud Campus (Online)
≠ choice of majors limited and not available on all campuses
≈on conditions places are available
# These degrees require students to take additional first year degree units when they transfer to Deakin University. The degree may therefore take longer to complete.
* Students must complete MMP111 Introduction to Property and MMK277 Marketing Management to get the number of credits listed.
How to Transfer to Deakin University
Deakin College holds “Transferring to Deakin University” information sessions towards the end of each trimester for students who will be completing their Deakin College Diploma.
You can read more in the How to Transfer – Deakin College to Deakin University brochure.
Before transferring to Deakin University, you will need to:
- View the Transfer Guidelines for students completing their Deakin College Diploma in October 2020 and transferring to Deakin University in November 2020 or March 2021.
- Complete the Domestic Deakin College to Deakin University course preference form, indicating the course and intake that you would like to commence at Deakin University.