With over 120 clubs and societies to choose from, you’ll quickly find your place. Membership is open to all Deakin College students, and joining a club is the simplest way to make friends and meet like-minded peers. Here’s a preview:
- Culture vultures: There is so much cultural diversity at Deakin, and nowhere is this more evident than in the numerous cultural clubs we have. Explore other cultures or contribute experience of your own.
- Fitness & wellbeing: Whether you’re a sporting regular or seeking something new, there’s a Deakin sports club for you. Popular clubs include the Deakin Burwood Basketball Association, the Deakin University Football Netball Club (Sharks) and the Deakin Snow Riders.
- Knowledge & academia: If you’re passionate about an industry or subject you are studying, join one of Deakin’s academic clubs and boost your knowledge. Some of the renowned academic clubs include the Deakin Nursing Society (DNS), Engineers Without Borders, and Feminism and Equality Network Deakin (FEND).
- Share your faith: Deakin students represent a melting pot of different faiths and beliefs. Whether you want to connect to people of your own faith or share your faith with others, one of our religious societies could be a great place to connect.
- Keep it social: If you’re simply trying to meet new people and have a bit of fun then Deakin social clubs can be a great way to get involved, whatever your interests. Our social clubs include D-argh! Games and Anime, the Deakin Geelong Queer Collective and the Deakin Horror Club (DHC).