Student life can be tough sometimes, especially if you are facing difficulties that are interrupting your studies.
At Deakin College, we are committed to providing support and advice to help you reach your full potential while studying with us. We offer a free and confidential counselling service to students in Burwood and Geelong. Appointments can be made to discuss study or personal issues, academic assistance, accommodation difficulties, family matters, attendance issues and homesickness.
Deakin College counsellors can refer you to another healthcare professional if you need longer-term or specialist help.
Where to Find Counselling Services
Counselling is available at our Burwood and Geelong campuses. Students are encouraged to make an appointment using the contact details on the Student Portal or at Deakin College Reception at your campus.
Other Telephone and Counselling Services
Lifeline (all ages)
- Telephone counselling 13 11 14 (Open 24 hours 7 days a week)
- Support Chat (Open 7 pm – 4 am 7 days a week)
- Lifeline’s 24/7 crisis support services can be accessed through the free Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. The caller should then ask to talk to Lifeline on 13 11 14 in the language required.
1800Respect: Sexual Assault & Family/Partner Violence Crisis Counselling (all ages)
- Telephone Counselling 1800 737 732 (Open 24 hours 7 days a week)
- Online Counselling (Open 24 hours 7 days a week)
Beyondblue (all ages)
- Telephone Counselling 1300 22 4636 (Open 24 hours 7 days a week)
- Chat (Open 3 pm – 12 am 7 days a week)
eheadspace (for ages 12 – 25)
- Telephone counselling 1800 650 890 (Open 9 am – 1 am 7 days a week)
- Chat (Open 9 am – 1 am 7 days a week)