Transferring to Deakin University - International Students
Deakin College Foundation Program to Diploma
After successfully completing the foundation and provided you have met the following criteria you will be eligible to enter the relevant Deakin College diploma course:
- completed and passed the eight required foundation units;
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 50 percent, taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College*.
*Transfer requirements may differ between courses. For more information, please contact Deakin College.
Deakin College Foundation Program to Deakin University
Deakin College's Foundation Program is a pathway into the first year of a selection of Deakin University Bachelor degrees.
To enter into the first year, students must meet the requirements set out in the Transfer Guidelines.
For more information, please contact Deakin College.
Deakin College Diploma to Deakin University
Upon successful completion of a Diploma, that is, having passed eight units, all students are eligible for entry to a FULL-FEE paying place in second year of the relevant Deakin University undergraduate degree, provided they have met the academic progression criteria below.
Entry into the relevant Bachelor degree*
- completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma units;
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 50%, taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College.
* Does not apply for entry into:
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Laws
The following criteria applies:
- completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma of Commerce units
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70% (distinction average), taking into
account all units attempted at Deakin College
- overall IELTS score of 7 with minimum band scores of 6.5Note: Please take into consideration the intakes of the desired destination course.
Masters Qualifying Program to Deakin University
Successful completion (at first attempt) of the MQP at the prescribed level below allows you to meet the University's requirements for entry into first year of the specified postgraduate coursework programs at Deakin University.
Please contact Deakin College for more information on transfer requirements.
How to transfer to Deakin University
Deakin College holds "Transferring to Deakin University" information sessions towards the end of each trimester for students who will be completing their Deakin College Diploma. Students must attend these sessions to obtain transfer procedures.