Need a hand?
What is PALM?
PALM stands for Peer Assisted Learning Mentor. Students who want advice or study tips can contact a PALM online or meet face-to-face to share study problems or worries within a supportive, informal environment. It is not teaching or tutoring.
How can PALMs help me?
PALMs are highly successful Deakin College students who want to help you get the most out of your studies. They can help you adjust to life at Deakin College by sharing their experiences and providing advice on successful study strategies.
Your PALMs can:
- offer advice through either face-to-face meetings or online communications
- share their own experiences to help you to learn and develop study strategies
- be approachable, supportive, and encouraging
- treat discussions as confidential
- provide information on other support services at Deakin College and Deakin University
Your PALMs will not:
- discuss the content of assignments, as this would be collusion
- proof-read or edit work
- re-teach the content of lectures/tutorials
Want to contact PALM?
Click on the link below to go to the online booking system and arrange a time to meet a PALM.
Read the Participant Agreement.