The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for up to 8 units of study within one program only with a Navitas member institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken. It excludes mixed English options.
- Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a Navitas institution.
- The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student’s account each semester of study.
The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas member institutions.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, Deakin College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, Griffith College, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, LBIC, NIC, PUIC, PIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at UNH, UC College, UCIC, UNIC, Western Sydney University International College, and Western Sydney University – Sydney City Campus
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution. The application must be submitted together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
The Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded each trimester to the two students with the most outstanding results across all programs at a Navitas Pathway College or Managed Campus.
The scholarships are for one academic trimester or part thereof (equivalent to the maximum of up to five academic subjects)* for a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA) or Undergraduate pathway program (UK) at a Navitas college or one academic semester of foundation or undergraduate study at La Trobe University Sydney Campus, Curtin Singapore or Macquarie City Campus or one academic semester of a Master’s program at Curtin Singapore or Macquarie City Campus.
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of program will be the recipient’s responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program, the scholarship will cover only the Navitas member institute components of the program for the semester.
- Be continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA), Undergraduate pathway program (UK), University Foundation or Bachelor Degree program (Australia) or Master’s programs (Australia);
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn;
- Not be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment only or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Two scholarships are awarded each semester.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each subjects/course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
- Additional factors may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants. Factors may include educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from each Navitas member institution will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarship. The recipients will be announced upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by mail and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas scholarship is offered to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, Macquarie City Campus, Deakin College, PUIC, PIBT, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship. It is awarded based on academic performance and ALL students are eligible. All terms and conditions are correct as at 20 August 2018 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Ltd.
*Please consult with your individual institution on the value of the scholarship awarded.
Deakin College is committed to helping you achieve your goals by offering bursaries to students studying online from overseas.
To be automatically awarded a Deakin College Online Bursary, you must:
• be a citizen of Cambodia, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam or any African country, residing in your home country and studying online
• commence a Foundation Program or Diploma in 2021
• be enrolled at Deakin College Melbourne or Geelong at census date
• not receive any exemptions for previous study.
• The bursary applies to units taken in 2021
• Successful recipients will not receive any money from Deakin College. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student account
• Bursaries are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes
For more information, please download the scholarship flyer.