Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Formal study undertaken in recognised tertiary institutions in Australia. These institutions include universities, colleges, TAFE and other post-secondary education institutions.
- Overseas institutions will be recognised to the extent to which they are considered to be equivalent to certain types of Australian institutions.
- Under certain conditions, consideration may extend to programs provided by recognised professional bodies, employers and other authorities. In these cases, appropriate certification must be available, and demonstrable expertise and relevant experience must be shown
- Previous relevant studies (or other demonstrated learning achievement) must have been completed within 10 years prior to the year of application.
- To be assessed for credit, students must provide the College with detailed unit outlines of all completed units in the previous qualification.
- A maximum of four exemptions may be granted.
- Students must enrol and successfully complete all remaining Deakin College units awarded for the Diploma.
When to Apply?
Applications can be submitted before you start your Deakin College course or within your first trimester of study. No applications will be taken in a later trimester. If you are applying for exemptions in your first trimester, do not enrol in those unit/s as your application will not be approved.
Applications must then be submitted to Deakin College by post, email or fax. If you send your application by email or fax, the original documents or certified copies of the original documents must also be posted.