Under-18 Management Program
We know that moving to another country and starting uni can be difficult – especially when you’re living away from home for the first time. That’s why at Deakin College we’re here to help you settle in quicker, and make the most of your education.
If you’re an international student who’s under 18 years old when you start studying at Deakin College, you are required to participate in our Under-18 Management Program. This program is run by Deakin College and gives you the guidance, information and support you need to:
- Live out of home for the first time
- Adjust to life in Melbourne and Australia
- Get the most out of your studies
- Find out about your work opportunities
- Make new friends and develop your network
- Participate in activities and clubs on campus and explore Australia.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the Under-18 Management Program, you’ll need to be:
- Under 18 years old when you first arrive in Australia, and
- Under 18 years of age when you start studying at Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI), Deakin College or Deakin University.
You’ll also need to live in Deakin Residences to be eligible.
How to Apply
There are a few things you need to do before you’re accepted into the program.
You’ll need to submit a formal application, which must include:
- A completed and signed Deakin College Under 18 Management Program form available here
- A completed and signed accommodation form for Deakin Residences or Student Accommodation Services
- A non-refundable fee of $200 for the Deakin College Under-18 Guardianship Services
- A fee of $8 per day from the beginning of the CAAW period (14 days before the start of the semester) until you turn 18.
You’ll also need to provide the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) that you get when you accept and pay for your Deakin College course.
Payment and Refunds
Along with the payments you make during your application, you’ll need to pay an Application and Guardianship fee to be able to take part in the program. Once you submit your application, we’ll send you an invoice requesting payment of this fee.
If you decide you don’t want to be part of the program, you can apply for a refund of your fees (excluding the non-refundable components). We’ll assess if you’re eligible for a full or partial refund if you meet one or more of the following conditions:
- If you are refused a student visa;
- If you change to a different approved care arrangement; or
- If you change education providers.