Accept Your Offer - Australian Students
Accepting Your Offer
Congratulations on receiving an offer in the course of your choice at Deakin College!
To accept your offer and to find out about commencing classes complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Understanding your Letter of Offer
Your Letter of Offer outlines the:
- Deakin College course(s)/Deakin University course that has been offered
- duration of the course(s)
- commencement date(s)
- tuition fee(s)
- condition(s) of the offer (examples of conditions of the offer may include providing official or certified copies of academic transcripts, evidence or English proficiency eg IELTS. Prior to or at the time of accepting your offer, you must provide evidence that you have met all conditions. If you do not provide this evidence, you will not be eligible to proceed with your enrolment or student visa application.
STEP 2: Acceptance and payment of fees
- If applicable, meet any outstanding conditions of offer
- Complete and sign the Letter of Acceptance (Section 2 and 3 of the Letter of Offer)
- If applying for FEE-HELP, visit https://feehelp.deakincollege.edu.au to complete your FEE-HELP application and upload your Letter of Acceptance and your passport or citizenship
- If not applying for FEE-HELP, email your signed Letter of Acceptance to Deakin College, together with a copy of your passport or citizenship (if not yet provided), to email@example.com
Exemptions/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
To be eligible for credit Exemptions (Diploma level) or RPL (Foundation level), previous studies must have been completed within 10 years prior to the year of application.
Students may apply for credit where they have successfully completed units at a similar level and standard in previous studies. To be assessed for credit, students must provide the College with detailed unit outlines of all completed units in the previous qualification.
All applications must be submitted in the student’s first trimester of study by no later than the official trimester finish date using the Recognition of Prior Learning Application form [Foundation level studies] or the Exemption Application Form [Diploma level]. Applications will not be accepted thereafter. Applicants should not enrol in the units(s) for which exemptions are applied.
Students wishing to defer studies must notify the College in writing stating the reason for their request. The College will re-assess the applicants eligibility for the next available study period and issue a Letter of Offer accordingly. Deakin College will retain all fees which will be used towards the following study period charges. If a refund is requested rather than transferring the funds to the next study period or the student subsequently withdraws, the Refund Policy applies.